virtual ®   18-May-2019 18:16

The Importance of Cargo Sampling


Year: 2019
Language: english
Author: Japan P&I
Genre: Guide
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 32
Description: Cargoes, whether dry or liquid, are stored and transported in large quantities and it
is impractical and unrealistic to check every single portion of the cargo. Therefore, a
smaller quantity is taken that has been shown to be statistically reliable estimate of the
entire cargo. It is important to take a sample of a sufficient size, at a required frequency
and often at different locations to properly represent the cargo quality. We will discuss
the basics of statistics later with some examples.
Sometimes but less often, samples are taken in order to determine the causation which
we will discuss briefly later.

Contents

Screenshots

Loss-Prevention-Bulletin-Vol.44-Full.pdf

Download [6 KB]

Thank U
Reply
refresh list

Similar releases

Guidance Note 34, The Safe Use of Gases in the Steel industry - BCGA [2018, PDF]
The carriage of steel , A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2013, PD...
Loss Prevention Bulletin Volumes 44, 45 - Japan P&I Club [2019, PDF]
Deck Stowage and Securing of Pipes - C.Bliault [2008, PDF]
The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Sea - Meltem Deniz Güner-Özbek [2008, PDF]
Quantity Calculations - LPG and Chemical Gases - SIGTTO [1997, PDF]
Deck Stowage and Securing of Pipes - Charles Bliault, Hermann Kaps [2008, PDF]
Cranes, their operations and reasons for failures - JAPAN P&I CLUB [2015, PDF]
Container carriage, A selection of articles previously published by Gard AS - Gard P&I [2014, PDF]
Compressors Selection and Sizing - Royce N. Brown [1997, PDF]
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 07:02

All times are GMT + 3 Hours